DIVA - Leave It To DIVA download flac
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Leave It to Diva" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. The meaning of diva is closely related to that of prima donna.
Diva is the debut solo album by the Scottish singer-songwriter Annie Lennox, released in 1992.
Ⓒ 1997 DIVA Ltd. Recorded at NOLA Recording Studios, NYC,July 1-3,1996. Donaldson Publishing C. Tobago Music C. Gilbert Kaye Music Co. ASCAP Track 4: Chappell & C. Inc ASCAP Track 5: Warner Bros.
A quick glance at the tune list on Diva's second album may lead one to believe that this is just a swing nostalgia date. After all, such songs as "Makin' Whoopie," "Begin the Beguine," "Them There Eyes," and "Air Mail Special" are in the repertoire. However, the arrangements are new (rather than being merely copies from the past), the interpretations are quite inventive, and each of the women in this 15-piece all-female big band are quite talented
The DIVA Jazz Orchestra. Start your shopping here and you'll support All About Jazz in the process. Learn how. About The DIVA Jazz Orchestra. Never Never Land by Elliott Simon.
See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. Page created - August 24, 2010.
Trying to preserve some measure of objectivity – while at the same time acknowledging without remorse my unshakable admiration for this marvelous ensemble – I would say that DIVA’s second release is at least as meritorious as the first, Something’s Coming, about which I wrote, ‘Big bands simply don’t get much better than this. This is a particularly strong se. ighly recommended to modern big band fans, this set is quite memorable and enjoyable. Scott Yanow, All Music Guide.
INDIGO DIVA Amon Ra 2012 (2011, Live). INDIGO DIVA Amon Ra (Pacifica).
Diva! The very word evokes tantrums, unreasonable de mands - and the wrath of Aretha Franklin denied her Snickers bar. But to Angela Gheorghiu . Verdi’s opera has fascinated her since age 14, when she heard a recording by Virginia Zeani. She can still recall the photo of Zeani on the album cover. I was astonished to see such beauty, a combination of Vivien Leigh and Elizabeth Taylor, paired with such a great voice.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Ellen RoweWritten-By – Williams*
Arranged By – Jerry DodgionWritten-By – Martin*, Blane*
Arranged By – Jami DauberWritten By – Kahn*Written-By – Donaldson*
|4||All Of You
Arranged By – Laura DreyerWritten-By – Porter*
|5||Begin The Beguine
Arranged By – Michael AbeneWritten-By – Porter*
|6||Inka Dinka Doo
Arranged By – Tommy NewsomWritten-By – Ryan*, Durante*
|7||Abrasive To You
Written-By – Mastroianni*
|8||It Might As Well Be Spring
Arranged By – Ellen RoweWritten-By – Rogers-Hammerstein*
|9||Them There Eyes
Arranged By – Scott WhitfieldWritten-By – Tauber*, Pinkard*, Tracey*
|10||Once In A While
Arranged By – Scott WhitfieldWritten By – Edwards*Written-By – Green*
Arranged By – Sherrie MaricleWritten-By – Goodman*, Christian*, Mundy*
- Copyright (c) – DIVA Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – DIVA Ltd.
- Recorded At – Nola Recording Studios
- Published By – EMI Robbins Catalog
- Published By – EMI Feist Catalog, Inc.
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music Corp.
- Published By – Donaldson Publishing Co.
- Published By – Tobago Music Co.
- Published By – Gilbert Kaye Music Co.
- Published By – Chappell & Co., Inc.
- Published By – Warner Bros.Inc.
- Published By – Bourne Co.
- Published By – Jimmy Durante Music Pub. Co. Inc.
- Published By – Bara Joy Music Co.
- Published By – Williamson Music Co.
- Published By – EMI Miller Catalog Inc.
- Published By – Rabag Music Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Rytvoc, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone [Lead], Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Laura Dreyer
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Carol Chaikin
- Art Direction, Design – Keith Kavanaugh
- Baritone Saxophone – Claire Daly
- Bass – Melissa Slocum
- Bass Trombone – Lee Hill Kavanuagh
- Drums, Leader – Sherrie Maricle
- Engineer – Jim Czak
- Executive-Producer – Stanley Kay
- Piano – Roberta Piket
- Producer – John La Barbera, Sherrie Maricle, Tommy Newsom
- Tenor Saxophone [Lead], Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Virginia Mayhew
- Tenor Saxophone, Clarinet – Cynthia Mullis
- Trombone – Deborah Weisz
- Trombone [Lead] – Lolly Bienenfeld
- Trumpet [Lead], Flugelhorn – Liesl Whitaker
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Elaine Burt, Ingrid Jensen, Jami Dauber
NotesⓅ Ⓒ 1997 DIVA Ltd.
Recorded at NOLA Recording Studios, NYC,July 1-3,1996
Track 1: EMI Robbins Catalog ASCAP
Track 2: EMI Feist Catalog Inc. ASCAP
Track 3: Warner/Chappell Music Corp. / Donaldson Publishing Co. / Tobago Music Co. / Gilbert Kaye Music Co. ASCAP
Track 4: Chappell & Co., Inc ASCAP
Track 5: Warner Bros. Inc. ASCAP
Track 6, 9: Bourne Co. / Jimmy Durante Music Pub. Co., Inc. ASCAP
Track 7: Bara Joy Music Co. BMI
Track 8: Williamson Music Co. ASCAP
Track 10: EMI Miller Catalog Inc. ASCAP
Track 11: Rabag Music Publishing Corp. / Rytvoc Inc. ASCAP
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 14932 20142 7
- Mastering SID Code (CD Inner Ring): L 804 1/1 DCAO 667 -
- Matrix / Runout (CD Inner Ring): LEAVE IT TO DIVAMEDIA BY MEGASOFT
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI