Virgil Fox - Heavy Organ At Carnegie Hall, - The Legendary 1973 Concert download flac
Virgil Fox. Organ, Primary Artist, ing Part.
Explore B C's board "Fox, Virgil" on Pinterest.
Organ – Virgil Fox. Producer – Peter Dellheim. Recorded By – Bernard Keville. Originally issued on LP as Heavy Organ At Carnegie Hall, Volume 2. Tracks 5, 6, 18 & 19 are previously unreleased and are from the same concert.
The close miking on the philharmonic hall organ gives a most vivid listening experience. May I recommend the Virgil Fox Legacy Recordings, one of which is a remake of this album.
Virgil Keel Fox (May 3, 1912 in Princeton, Illinois – October 25, 1980 in Palm Beach, Florida) was an American organist, known especially for his flamboyant "Heavy Organ" concerts of the music of Bach. These events appealed to audiences in the 1970s who were more familiar with rock 'n' roll music and were staged complete with light shows.
Virgil Fox. 7,332 listeners. Virgil Keel Fox (May 3, 1912–October 25, 1980) was a renowned organist, known especially for his flamboyant "Heavy Organ" concerts of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach appealing to audiences in the 1970's more familiar with rock 'n' roll music, staged complete with light shows.
virgil fox heavy organ bach live at fillmore east. Mca - japan - MCA-5064 - 1971. virgil fox heavy organ at carnegie hall. RCA Red Seal - ARD1-0081. percy faith, virgil fox, peter nero, philadelphia holiday concert. Price : 1. 6 €. Format : Tape. Cover condition : S (Sealed) Media condition : S (Sealed). other song details. Released On : Jul 18, 2013. The duration of song is 08:49. This song is sung by Virgil Fox. ay.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Spoken Introduction By Virgil Fox||3:40|
|2||We All Believe In One God, BWV 680||4:11|
|4||Rejoice Beloved Christians, BWV734|
|6||Finale From St. Matthew Passion|
|8||Prelude In E Minor ("The Wedge"), BWV 548|
|9||Fugue In E Minor ("The Wedge"), BWV 548|
|10||Toccata In D Minor, BWV 565|
|11||Fugue In D Minor, BWV 565|
|13||Passacaglia In C Minor, BWV 582|
|14||Fugue In C Minor, BWV 582|
|16||Fugue In G Major, BMV577, "Gigue"|
|18||The First Noel
Written-By – Traditional
|19||It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
Written-By – Traditional
- Recorded At – Carnegie Hall
- Copyright (c) – BMG Music
- Manufactured By – BMG Entertainment
- Distributed By – BMG Entertainment
- Mastered At – BMG/RCA Studios
- Art Direction – Christine Chagnon
- Cover – Harry Bolick
- Engineer [Recording] – Bernard Keville
- Engineer, Engineer [Dolby Surround Remix] – James P. Nichols
- Lighting [Light Show Created And Performed By] – David Snyder
- Liner Notes – Lucy E. Cross
- Organ [Rodgers Touring] – Virgil Fox
- Producer – Peter Dellheim
- Recorded By – Bernard Keville
- Reissue Producer – Edward Houser
- Remastered By – Michael O. Drexler*, Michael Sobol
- Written-By – Johann Sebastian Bach (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8 to 11, 13, 14, 16)
NotesPresented by ABT Productions, Inc.
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall on December 20, 1973.
Originally issued on LP as Heavy Organ At Carnegie Hall, Volume 2.
Tracks 5, 6, 18 & 19 are previously unreleased and are from the same concert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9026-68816-2 8
- SPARS Code: ADD