Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens - Paris - Soweto download flac
Mahlathini & The Mahotella Queens G. Ngpbeni, West Nkosi.
Your current browser isn't compatible with SoundCloud. Please download one of our supported browsers. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated?
Featuring Mahlathini & The Mahotella Queens’ lush production style, Paris - Soweto shines with care and sophistication-yet its music is as urgent as ever. Throughout, the harmonies stretch out so beautifully that they almost trick the ear into hearing voices that aren't actually there
By: Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens (1988, Electronic). More albums from Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens: Rhythm And Art by Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens. Mbaqanga by Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens. Stoki Stoki by Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens. View all albums . Paris – Soweto. By: Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens (1988, Electronic).
Complete your Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens collection. Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens. Paris - Soweto (LP, Album). Paris - Soweto (CD, Album).
More of Mahlathini the Mahotella Queens was recorded in Paris at the end of their first post-Graceland tour. More produced and glossier than their Shanachie recordings, with a slight concession to the international dance market in the rhythms, it's still not lacking in musical and vocal firepower.
Paris – Soweto is a 1987 album by the South African mbaqanga group Mahlathini and the Mahotella Queens. The album was recorded just after the group reunited in 1986, and was one of the first albums to be recorded specifically for the international audience. The album was recorded in Paris and released internationally on the Celluloid label, and under the group's long-standing Gallo label in South Africa. The first single, "Kazet" (also known as "Gazette") became one of the group's signature tunes.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Paris - Soweto (1989) by Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens. Album starts at 103BPM, ends at 119BPM (+16), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Mahlathini and The Mahotella Queens. Rhythm and Art. 1990.
Mahlathini & The Mahotella Queens. Ukuluma Izindaba, 04:37.
The Mahotella Queens is a South African female band formed in 1964 by music producer Rupert Bopape consisting of Hilda Tloubatla, Nobesuthu Mbadu, and Amanda Nkosi. The group is noted for their distinct vocal harmony sound, guitar-led mbaqanga music, and fast stage dancing. Bopape was a talent scout and producer at the independent Gallo Africa's subsidiary dedicated to black music, Mavuthela Music Company
Tracklist Hide Credits
|5||Yebo! (Mbaqanga Mix)
Producer – Anne Dudley, J. Jeczalik*, Ted Hayton
|6||Melodi Ya Lla||5:39|
|7||Re Ya Dumedisa||4:02|
|10||Kazet (Dance Remix)
Remix [Uncredited] – Norman Cook
- Bass [Makgona Tsohle Band] – Joseph Makwela
- Design [Sleeve] – François Post
- Drums [Makgona Tsohle Band] – Lucky Monoma
- Engineer – Betrand Bidault de l'Isle*
- Executive Producer – Gilbert Castro
- Guitar [Makgona Tsohle Band] – Marks Mankwane
- Liner Notes – Helene Lee*
- Mixed By – Francis Perreard
- Other [Concerts] – Françoise Paul-Pont
- Other [Management] – Christian Mousset
- Performer [Instruments] – Makgona Tsohle Band
- Photography [Artist Photos] – Pierre Rene-Worms
- Photography [Landscape Photo] – Sugar/Explorer
- Producer [Assistant] – Philippe Groux-Cibial
- Producer, Saxophone [Alto] [Makgona Tsohle Band] – West Nkosi
- Vocals – Amaswazi Emvelo, Mahotella Queens, Mahlathini*
- Vocals [Amaswazi Emvelo] – Mandla Nene
- Vocals [Amaswazi Emvelo], Guitar [Rhythm] [Makgona Tsohle Band] – Sipho Madondo
- Vocals [Mahotella Queens] – Hilda Tloubatla, Mildred Mangxola, Nobesuthu Mbadu
NotesTitle on cover: Paris-Soweto
Title on spine: Paris Soweto
Title on disc face: Paris–Soweto
Recorded at studio Harry Son, Paris.
℗ & © 1988 Celluloid/Harry Son; Copyright Control. Track 5 is an Art Of Noise production, ℗ 1989 China Records Ltd.
Manufactured & marketed by PolyGram Classics, a division of PolyGram Records, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Printed in USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 422-839676-2
- Matrix / Runout: 839 676-2 01% MADE IN USA BY PDO
- Barcode (Scanned): 42283967625
|839 676-1||Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens*||Paris - Soweto (LP, Album)||Polydor||839 676-1||US||1988|
|839 676-4||Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens*||Paris - Soweto (Cass, Album)||Urban||839 676-4||US||1989|
|CDGMP 40314 (R)||Mahlathini And The Mahotella Queens||Paris - Soweto (CD, Album)||Gallo Music Productions||CDGMP 40314 (R)||1998|
|839 676-2||Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens*||Paris - Soweto (CD)||Polydor||839 676-2||Germany||1988|
|66829-2||Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens*||Paris - Soweto (CD, Album)||Celluloid||66829-2||France||1988|